Live stream and outdoor yoga
Summer in-person Outdoor Yoga
For most venues, except for Tuesdays at Chikaming Parks, you will register online at the Spore Store.
Here are the steps:
- Create your own account with login and password.
- Purchase a drop-in credit or 10-credit pass. One credit = one class at any Spore Studios venue.
- Go to the Calendar and reserve your spot by choosing which class you wish to attend.
- The system will then deduct one credit from your purchase.
- You must sign up by 5pm on the day prior to the class or event.
- Classes need five people minimum to be held in person. If the class is cancelled due to weather or under-enrollment, you will receive a notification the night prior to class.
(last Summer class) Tuesday, August 17, 10-11:15am
Fridays 10-11:15am beginning September 3rd
Please contact the COL office at email@example.com or call (269) 405-1006 to reserve your spot.
Directions: Drive on Warren Woods Road towards the lake and make a left right before you go over the bypass. This is Chikaming Park and you’ll see a community garden on your left. You can park there and walk through the prairie (10 minutes) or keep driving into the park and stop right next to the Pavilion (covered area) where we will practice.
On the green, overlooking the Three Oaks community garden.
Drop-ins Welcome on Sundays. Otherwise remember to register here by 5pm on day prior to class.
Live Stream links
All classes will also be live streamed in case of rain or if it is your preference to practice from home.
Email Deirdre to request a Zoom class.
Click days of the week below for Zoom links.
TUESDAY 10am Chikaming Parks. (August 17, then Fridays in September).
SUNDAY 11am-12:15 pm Slowflow
All Payments will be received through the Spore Studios Online Store.
Go to: https://studiobookingsonline.com/sporestudios/store.html
$20 drop-in; or $15 with 10-card pass. Passes are good for any Spore Studios yoga venues.
The Compassionate Wisdom Course includes Ten Free Yoga Classes.
July 10, August 14, 1-4pm, $49/session
Register by 5pm Friday, prior to event.
Location: Fernwood Botanical Gardens 13988 Range Line Road, Niles, MI 49120
These workshops invite mindfulness and reconnection to our own inner nature as we engage in sensory walks (forest-bathing), explore micro-environments, create mandalas and appreciate poetry inspired by natural elements. Two retreats are offered each season: winter, spring, summer and fall. Following gentle movement and guidance for your sensory walk, we will proceed down to the river where we will end with a seasonal reflective meditation in constructive rest. Also available for private bookings to celebrate and honor family and friends.
See here or below for an introduction to the origins of the shinrin-yoku (forest bathing) practice in Japan.
Signup by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and paying using button below.
All classes are Slowflow and involve a creative fusion of qigong warmups, dynamic yin-yang, vinyasa and holding poses, breathwork and mindfulness. We will build strength and cardiovascular capacity by linking postures with flowing vinyasas to develop core stability, hip and shoulder opening and spinal flexibility with variations offered for all levels. As we grow our body-awareness of our subtle anatomy and harness our “bandhas”, the practice becomes lighter and brighter.
The intention of our practice is to:
- strengthen and stretch your muscles
- re-sculpt your connective tissue
- release your anxiety and tension
- focus your mind and sharpen your sensory awareness
- cultivate compassion for self and other
- restore your whole system toward greater equilibrium
what is my level?
Read a wonderful blog post here from Maya Lev, Director of Yoga Center Santa Cruz, on how to self-determine one’s “level” of yoga as a student through assessing one’s tapas (drive), discernment (understanding) and physical preparation.
Private classes tailored for your group may include a blend of styles: restorative, yin, vinyasa flow, sutra themes, therapeutic or yoga-story for kids.
*$20 transportation fee added for off-site location and bringing mats and props.
PRIVATE OR COUPLES
- $90/hour, $99/1.5 hour house session
- $425 for a series of five one-hour sessions.
SEMI-PRIVATES (3-5 people)
- $70/hour; $85/1.5 hour
CORPORATE CLASS (5-20 people)
- $200/hour; $225/1.5 hours.
- Art and Education Center in Three Oaks, Mi. and Fernwood Botanical Gardens.